The Mission of the Yankee Lake
Preservation Association is:
• To preserve the water quality of Yankee Lake, including the Pine Kill Stream.
• To maintain the stability of the dam.
• To protect the indigenous flora and fauna.
• To advocate policies and regulations which protect Yankee Lake resources.
• To encourage membership to use the natural resources in a responsible manner.
• To provide activities through which members interact and build community spirit.
• To educate the membership about the history and stewardship of Yankee Lake.
News & Events 2/17/2018
Stay off the Ice!
As of President's Day weekend, the thickness of the ice on Yankee Lake has reduced dramatically, now measuring only two inches (2”) near the shore. This thickness is not safe for foot traffic or winter vehicles.
Although we have returned to freezing temperatures this weekend, the forecast is to be above 60° by mid-week. Therefore, the plans for a Children’s Ice Fishing Contest for 24 February have been canceled.
Read More Read ALL