The Mission of the Yankee Lake
Preservation Association is:
• To preserve the water quality of Yankee Lake, including the Pine Kill Stream.
• To maintain the stability of the dam.
• To protect the indigenous flora and fauna.
• To advocate policies and regulations which protect Yankee Lake resources.
• To encourage membership to use the natural resources in a responsible manner.
• To provide activities through which members interact and build community spirit.
• To educate the membership about the history and stewardship of Yankee Lake.
News & Events 6/23/2017
Paint & Sip Party!
Join us in a Paint & Sip Party, Saturday 8 July from 7-9 PM in the Clubhouse. This two-hour painting party is BYOB, and you will paint a Yankee Lake scene guided by Shawn Dell Joyce, an artist from the Wallkill School of Art. All materials and supplies will be provided. You must pre-register to participate! Cost is $30/person. Capacity is limited! Please register online at http://upto.com/e/mMKpO or call Liam or Regina at (845) 457-2787.
Sponsor a Clubhouse Window!
The YLPA is replacing windows in the “Roller Rink” area of the Clubhouse. You can help defray the costs by sponsoring a window. Sponsorships are $500 per window, and covers purchase and installation. A plaque will be placed under each sponsored window with a message up to 150 characters. Please click this link to download the order form. Submit your form and payment early before we run out of windows!Read More Read ALL
Local News 3/14/2017
Spiders Eat 400-800 Million Tons of Prey Every Year
It has long been suspected that spiders are one of the most important groups of predators of insects. Zoologists at the University of Basel and Lund University in Sweden have now shown just how true this is – spiders kill astronomical numbers o...Read More