The Mission of the Yankee Lake
Preservation Association is:
• To preserve the water quality of Yankee Lake, including the Pine Kill Stream.
• To maintain the stability of the dam.
• To protect the indigenous flora and fauna.
• To advocate policies and regulations which protect Yankee Lake resources.
• To encourage membership to use the natural resources in a responsible manner.
• To provide activities through which members interact and build community spirit.
• To educate the membership about the history and stewardship of Yankee Lake.
News & Events 8/22/2018
We are sad to report the loss of two dear friends of Yankee Lake in the past week. Click the links below for further information:
James H. Vooght, a retired control engineer for Dematic, and a former resident of Stony Point, died unexpectedly Friday, 17 August 2018 at his home at Yankee Lake. He was 69.
Robbie Gowan Masterson, concert pianist and teacher, died on 18 August 2018 in Seguin, Texas. She was 99. It was a blessing that her son, John Masterson, could be with her at the time of her passing.
Doug Spranger made and edited a 5 minute video taken from his drone copter flying over Yankee Lake. This beautiful sequence was shot in high definition (1080 p), and can be viewed on YouTube at this link.Read More Read ALL